Saturday, April 24, 2010

I Heart Squirrels

Through my years, I am proud to say that I have never run over an animal in my car. To this day I still have never hit an animal in my car. This brings us to last week. I leave work early and start riding my bike to my dentist office. I should have known something was bound to happen due to the track record I have with my dentist which is another story in itself. Without incident, I made it to within 5 blocks of my dentist. And then it happens - Man vs Squirrel. I was within 50 feet of a squirrel in the middle of the street as I pedaled along. The squirrel just stared at me. I started to move towards the center of the residential street but that was not enough. It happened so fast I actually couldn't believe it, but it almost threw me over my handle bars. I have no other words that can describe the scene below.



It has been three days since the incident and I am still lost for words about the entire ordeal. I just wonder what people thought when they walked by my bike parked underneath the Purple Line bridge at Washington with a squirrel stuck in the fork.

1 comment: